This recipe is so sloppy and beautiful! I wished someone could have enjoyed it with me! That’s the one stinky thing about living by yourself. It’s all right though because I’ll just bring it to work for the next 5 days and everyone I work with looks at me like I’m so weird. Like jenny you’re such a hippie with your food in your mason jar. Lol. Gotta love it. Anyway… this dish rocks the house. Great for the summer time. And if you don’t like tofu, you can substitute the tofu for meat or beans and more beans!
OG (Organic) BBQ and Great Northern Beans with Brown Rice
– 1 cup brown rice
– 8 oz. ORGANIC (very important) tofu
– 2-3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
– 1 cup Great Northern Beans
– ½ cup OG kale
– 1 tsp. lemon juice
– Sprinkle of salt and pep
– ½ avocado
– ½ cup bbq sauce
-1/4 cup diced onion
-1 tbsp. coconut oil
– 2 cups siricha
– ½ cup stevia
– 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
– Sprinkle cayenne
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions until translucent. Let Cool. Combine all bbq sauce ingredients in food processor. Pour ½ cup bbq in small bowl and put the rest in big bowl.
- Cut tofu in 1” pieces, place towel on tofu to extract water. Add tofu into big bowl of bbq sauce and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Set oven to 400 degrees. Pour nutritional yeast in tofu marinating bowl. Then put tofu on baking sheet and bake for 20 min, remove and flip for another 10-15 min.
- While tofu is cooking, cook brown rice. 1 cup of brown rice and add 2 cups of water for 20 minutes.
- While rice and tofu are cooking, Heat beans in sauce pan over medium heat. Add ½ cup bbq sauce.
- Steam kale and add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Assemble bowl by adding rice first, beans, kale, tofu, avocado and lastly pouring bbq sauce on top! DEVINE.
Really been trying to slow down when I eat and it’s hard! In Ayurveda it is very important to be in the moment when you are eating. You should try to sit down in a nice environment and only focus on your food and how each bite is nourishing your body. Sometimes I like to take a bite and say out loud, this bite will give me vitality for the day to do good things for others. I know it sounds cheesy but it really makes you realize how lucky you are to even have a beautiful meal that you probably got to choose what you wanted. We take food for granted here in the US. I challenge you to really taste and feel each bite in your mouth and how each taste is nurturing your body. I try to eat outside without my phone or computer. Just me, the food, and the outdoors!
Heaven is right here in the midst of you- Elkhart Tolle
More Pics from the past week:)