I used to buy chai in a box and mix it with skim milk… That sounds absolutely atrocious now. It’s unbelievable what people will buy these days because they need a quick fix. Chai tea concentrate is so sweet but the spices are to die for. Ayurvedically, its most benefical to take your time and make everything from scratch. Most of the time this is the healthiest way to go! Starting from scratch allows us to know what we are putting in our food. Today, I’ve given you a warming chai tea recipe that is so easy! To make it ayurvedically, I chose a decaf tea, if you want to add caffenated black tea then go ahead! Hope you enjoy.
- 1 Tbsp. fennel seeds:
- 2 slices of fresh ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorns
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 Tsp. cardamom seeds
- 6 cups cold water
- 6 decaf black tea
- 1/4 cup granulated stevia
- Almond or coconut milk for creamer
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium sauce pan. Using a mallet or large spoon, crush and bruise the spices.
- Add 6 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to low heat, partially cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the spices from the water.
- Add tea bags and stevia. Let tea bags steep for 10 min.
- Fish the tea bags out of the chai tea and thats it!
- Pour yourself a cup and add your creamer of choice.