What is the Kapha Dosha?
The Kapha constitution tends to be cold, damp, slow, and heavy. Kapha governs the Water and Earth elements and translates to to “that which sticks.” Kapha is the energy of support and lubrication that contains the bodies form, structure, and parts. Kapha is known as the glue that binds everything together.
Vata Body Type and Mind
Kapha’s tend to be heavier or bigger boned. They have a strong body with excellent stamina. Chest is usally expanded and broad. They usually have large eyes, smooth and supple skin, and thick hair. They have bright, oily, and lusturous complextions. Kaphas sleep soundly and have regular digestion. The main locations of kapha are in the lungs, fat, chest, throat, connective tissue, ligaments and tendons.
Kapha governs love, patience, forgiveness, greed, attachment, and mental inertia. Kaphas help ground an airy Vata or fiery Pitta. They are usually very chill, drama free, and happy with where they are at. Kaphas usually become imbalanced by laying around too much, overeating, indulging in sweets when depressed, spending too much time in cool climates, and avoiding intelectuall challenges.
Kapha Aggravating Foods
- Heavy and Oily (Avocados, fried foods, cashews, red meat)
- Cold and Sweet (Ice cream, ice water, bananas)
- Sour and Salty (Chips, lemons, limes)
Daily Kapha Protcol
- Eat in a loving enviornment
- Meditation (emotional housekeeping)
- Make time for journaling and creativity
- Routine sleeping and eating schedule
- Make sure to get in an early morning fiery exercise (vinyasa yoga, running, aerobics)
- Be in warm temperatures
- Favor; punget, bitter, astringent tastes and light, dry, and warm foods
Kapha Pacifying Recipes