Hello Friends! Is anyone else feeling the effects of the full moon yesterday? Boy are my emotions insane. lol. One minute I feel this way and the next minute I feel the opposite way. Its crazy. How am I supposed to really tune in a feel the truth? There are many ways to do this actually. A good friend taught me a method of standing still, placing a hand over your heart, closing your eyes and asking your self what are your true feelings. Inside, your conscious will say yes, no, or let go, etc. Your first instincts are usually right. Here are some quotes from Thich Nhat Hahn…
“Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.”
“Buddha taught, “Breathing in, I recognize my feeling. Breathing out, I calm my feeling.” If you practice this, not only will your feeling be calmed down but the energy of mindfulness will also help you see into the nature and roots of your anger. Mindfulness helps you be concentrated and look deeply. This is true meditation. The insight will come after some time of practice. You will see the truth about yourself and the truth about the person who you thought to be the cause of your suffering. This insight will release you from your anger and transform the roots of anger in you. The transformation in you will also help transform the other person. Mindful speaking can bring real happiness, and unmindful speech can kill. When someone tells us something that makes us happy, that is a wonderful gift. But sometimes someone says something to us that is so cruel and distressing that we feel like committing suicide. We lose our joie de vivre.”
Basically I thought that these words were so important. We are in control of our happiness. Flow with your feelings and truth will prevail. SAT NAM = I am truth.
Now let’s get to some link love…these are blogs and posts that I love and want others to see!
1. I cannot get enough butternut squash this fall… and when you add sage and ricotta?! Edible Perspective
2. Holy hell, I made this Smokey Butternut Squash Sauce Mac and Cheese and it was incredible. – Oh She Glows
3. The colors of this Fall Veg and Lentil Bowl w/ Goji Berries is making me salivate. – The First Mess
4. This couple has outdone themselves again… combining bourbon and Pumpkin into a desert. Now your talkin. Minimalist Baker
5. SWOONING over this Pumpkin Gelato with Ginger and Chocolate. omg. – How Sweet Eats
6. I can’t get enough fall flavors, this Pumpkin and Cilantro Persimmon Salad?! – Whole Nourishment
8. This Deep Sleep Tonic is drawing me in with the dates, almonds, and ghee! – A Love Story
9. Lastly… this is not a food blog. But an article on how to quit bad habits – Zen Habits
To end my small blog today…Cheers to Russel and Shannon’s engagement. I can’t even begin to tell you how beautiful these two people are together. They will do wonderful things and make this world a better place.