Sweet Potato pancakes infused with chai spices makes a unique breakfast for sure.
I am obsessed with chai. Are you? These pancakes are sweet and spiced by cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, vanilla and cloves. Ayurvedic shamans have been using chai for years because of its special healing powers.
- Cardamom: Brings compassion and clarity, stimulates digestion and the mind
- Ginger: Restores wisdom and courage to get through the day
- Cinnamon: The strength giver
- Cloves: Increases memory recall and relieves mental fatigue
Adding sweet potato to these chai-tastic cakes is a great idea. Eating sweet potatoes is an awesome way to stay healthy during the fall and winter months. They are Vitamin-A packed, which helps support immunity.
This recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth in a sustainable nature. If you’re looking to cook this dish according to your dosha…
- Vata- substitute coconut oil for ghee and use a liberal amount of salt
- Pitta- Sprinkle some pecans on top
- Kapha- decrease oil and salt, add some pepper, add more ginger and maybe some turmeric
After my breakfast today I enjoyed reading a couple of pages of a book written by Thich Nhat Hanh, How To Sit. This book provides simple directions of mindfulness and breathing techniques. In fact, if you make these pancakes, try to be mindful while you eat and enjoy each bite!