It’s getting hot and summer will be here soon! Our pitta (fire) levels are rising and we will start to see imbalances like; acne, cold sores, nausea, loose stools, frustration, anger, inflammation of joints, overheating, and impatience. It’s time to buy foods with cooling characteristics like; fennel, cucumber, and mint to bring our heat down. This dish does a great job tempering a spicy pitta!
Bring this amazing side dish/entrée to any summer pot luck or outdoor party. The colors are absolutely beautiful. Everyone will be super grounded, cool, and calm by the end of the night.
Reduce these foods during the summertime to avoid a Pitta imbalance…
- Foods that are pungent, sour and salty.
- Warming foods, both energetically and in temperature.
- Chili and cayenne peppers.
- Highly processed foods (like canned or frozen foods, “TV” dinners or pastries).
- Eating fresh fruit or drinking fruit juice within 1/2 hr of any other food.
- Caffeine, nicotine and other stimulants.
- Red meat.
- Deep fried foods.
- Alcohol, except for an occasional beer or white wine.
Ways to balance the Fire Element (Pitta Dosha)
Look at nature
Listen to birds chirping and singing
Swim in a cool river or ocean
Take a cool bath with aromatic oils of rose
Massage your body with cooling herbal oils
Adorn your body with blue, pink, or green clothes and silver jewelry.
Make a flower arrangement
Decorate your house and mow the lawn
Listen to the inner sounds
Look at beautiful art
Walk in the moonlight
Hope you all are having a wonderful Friday night! Get out into that nature and brush your feet into the grass, swing your arms, shake, dance and sing! Just let go:)